Words that come to mind when I think of that term....
- webbing
- concept map
- t-chart
- KWLsd
- graphic organizers
- charts
- pictures
- outlines
Using Mindmeister can be beneficial in many teaching and learning situations.
- As a teacher it would be a great tool to have up on the projector, or the smart board and demonstrate the ease of this tool. Once the students have had a chance to "play around" then applying the newly acquired information to an assignment could easily be done. It won't take long before the students take ownership of their work as this is a fun application to use.
- Even working together as a class and adding to an idea would prove to be interesting. Let the students teach one another and develop some higher level thinking. The students will be engaged, and will attempt to learn more things as the expectations constantly change with the newly formed ideas.
- For individuals, mind meister would serve as a useful tool because it would be so easy to go on line and create a concept map before as they started planning their writing tasks. It would also be easy to save this work and you would be less likely to lose it in midst with all other papers. This is my problem. I start so many things at once that I easily misplace significant pieces that I end up needing and having to redo.
1 comment:
I think this would be a great tool for scaffolded learning of many types. The first exercise you did with the class you could add most of the primary nodes and maybe even a couple of secondary nodes, just to get people started. The next time you could start removing the scaffolding and eventually have them start with a blank page
Post a Comment