Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's All Great...Until......!!!

Okay. I have been enjoying everything so far with relation to this course. BUT....this issue I seem to be having with my headset is beyond frustrating me. It is a nice headset, relatively new and it is rarely used. It belongs to the adult ed centre and I think I am the only one who has attempted to use it this past year.

I realize that at times there will be gliches, but when I try my best to avoid them by starting early and they still happen to me, then I get quite annoyed....not stressed just annoyed. Then I start to envision a classroom with 15 or so students having other problems at the same time....it has got to be a teacher's worst nightmare.

So Glen, I admire your patience. If you weren't so patient, we would be lost. Thanks for being there and coaching us through the storms. Gosh....I do hope another one doesn't happen for awhile!

ME

1 comment:

Glen said...

Way to stick to it Sheri.

I think Jason pointed out on his blog that we learn more when things go wrong than when they go right.

Teaching and modeling problem solving is as important to your students as the content. So although it is frustrating when learning doesn't go in the direction we think it should, it is useful to look around to see what you can salvage out of the experience. Sometimes the accidental learning is more powerful.

I'm sure you will get your headset problem resolved soon.

I was glad to see you jump into the DimDim and Mindmeister sessions in spite of your Skype issues. Must have added another dimension to the experience. :>)