Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Interactive Learning with DimDim

Where on earth did this come from? This reminds me of when my children used to play with Kid Pix Studios and play, draw, and create mastermind creations. The concept of interactive writing on line will take off for any classroom affair. Imagine the possibilities...."Johnny, it's your turn to try out this math problem", or you can have a game of jeopardy perhaps...ask a question and the first person to write the answer correctly wins! (just a thought :) ) Really though I see it does have endless possibilities.

Now I am curious....people often create stickers and images and then upload them to (eg) facebook. What kind of application do they use for things like that? Hmmm??? Now my the curious side of me wants to go explore, however tomorrow may be another day and a better choice as I am feeling fatigued from a long day already.

One other question....and it's only because I was lacking the audio during the class demonstration. (lol) Is DimDim the application for the interactive white board?

I have a smart board in my classroom. I quite enjoy working on it. You can access smart board free tools on line. They have a great resource package filled with images for teaching and stuff. When I go to work tomorrow I will check it out and provide a link on my blog.

Til next time my fellow class mates,
Sheri

2 comments:

Glen said...

Lots of possibilities!
Yes the whiteboard function is built into DimDim. It is getting quite common to have this type of application included in a desktop sharing application.

You can do the same with Smart boards and software too. The application that allows you to share your Smart board over the web is called Bridgit. http://www2.smarttech.com/st/en-US/Products/Bridgit/

Works okay but pricey and the last time I used it (last winter) it was not any better that DimDim or WIZIQ or many of the other free products.

Hank Hill said...

Free is definitely good. I try and find all of the free resources I can find, but unfortunately, they end up becoming some sort of pay site, one way or another. You must pay to remove or limit the ads, etc... or to get the full versions, or all of the capabilities.

No Money, no funny!