Wow....now I feel lost. Mind you it's in a good way. So, question to you Glen, is this how you keep up with our blogs so quickly? And another question....is every subscription you add, automatically shared with everyone....or is there some privacy? I am sure these are probably simple questions with simple answers yet I have to ask them!
I am quite intrigued with this reader component.
So much to discover still - well I am going to go learn more and do some subscribing.
Sheri
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sheri,
I find Google Reader very helpful. It really cuts down on time. Instead of checking each person's course blog individually, I just go to reader and it tells me what's new. I am really impressed with it. Now I just need to subscribe to different blogs, there are so many out there.
Yes, this is what I use although I need to trim back and delete some stuff. My Google Reader says I have 1000+ new feeds. Yikes. So I just check for a few that are critical, like the blogs from everybody in this course, and then I just click "Mark all as read" Some times I go back and look stuff over but I find if there is something important it will come up again. The nice thing is that you can also search all your old feeds.
Your lists of feeds are not shared unless you choose to share, so it can be as private as you want. You can set up different groups of people to share with and share different things with each group. Really quite versatile.
Play around with it and experiment and blog what you find. That is one of the advantages of a class group like this if we are all experimenting and exploring we can cover a lot more ground than doing it completely on your own.
I really am getting my feet wet and I still feel great!!
Thanks guys for your comments.
Post a Comment