Well I have just posted my first ever podcast using gcast. Today I did not use audacity but instead my phone. It was simple, easy and quick. My first attempts need to be simple so I do not get overwhelmed and stressed if it doesn't work the first time.
I listened to Glen's link for the presentation on the course blog, it was helpful and simplified things for me. I see now that any podcast I have uploaded from my phone would be added automatically from the website. This may not be too handy, but rather annoying. If I were maintaining other blogs with podcasts, it could become cumbersome as the students would receive other podcasts that were irrelevant to them. I do not think this will happen if you use audacity to record and then save to your computer where you will then upload that particular file to be heard. Then it would be useful. I will have to try that tomorrow when I am at work. I don't have a headset to complete that here at home. Besides, my computer at home is "ancient"!!
Podcasts can be useful in the classroom as well. Take for example, you want to make a comparison between songs/artists for a literature lesson. The students can easily listen to both podcasts that are put on the blog and then they make comparisons either as a blog response (if that was given as an option) or in written form.
Podcasts are another tool that make it simpler to infuse technology into our educational world as teachers and learners. There is so much out there to continue to learn about and apply to our already ever growing knowledge tree. Bring it on!!! I am prepared and wanting to learn more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Excellent podcast and trying it from your phone first is a great idea.
You may just want to use a phone to connect as SOP and that is fine too. It is useful to be able to podcast without having to be in front of a computer. Another coolcatteacher uses this function to record podcasts when she is waiting in traffic or waiting to pick up a kid from sports or activities.
The advantage of having the audio editor is just that, you can edit. So if you are like me, I often don't get it right in the first go. If I'm editing with the phone I have to either re-record the whole thing or download the file and edit it somehow. You can use the Gcast editor which is Garageband I think or you can use something like Audacity. Eventually an audio editor is very handy.
Looking forward to your future podcasts and I know that you will have some great ideas for creative uses for podcasting.
wow, its so much fun commenting on others blogs than my own. Wow eh guys, imagine the possibilities. They say the average person spends 33 minutes commuting to work one way. In that time we can now be more productive and record podcasts from our cell phones... well not in certain States/Provinces (big fines $$$$) Will have to use headsets.
Post a Comment