Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Modge Podge of Thoughts

Well I have been quite busy. Just finished putting together a power point presentation for another course that I am taking. I was able to complete my project on something that I hold valuable for my teaching career. My powerpoint is on "infusing technology and education". I find everything that we are learning to be so interesting and I cannot wait to share what I have learned with my colleagues and provide great learning opportunities to my adult students next fall. So thanks to Glen for showing the way! Couldn't have done it without you or my classmates....as we learn together collaboratively.

Zotero and Del.icio.us....I faithfully experimented with both. Currently I have just been tagging sites that I found interesting. Initially the tagging thing was a bit tricky as I was using spaces between words. I don't know how to share my bookmarks with others yet though. I will learn, I will not give up! As for Zotero....I have been taking a snapshot of the sites that I have been on and wanting to save. However I haven't the faintest idea what to do or better yet, how to tag, save, create a library. Oh, I know it will come along and learn more each day. But I do like the concept behind it!

This week I plan to dive into my final paper. Time is going so fast. I have nothing but time tomorrow as it is my day off. I will dedicate much of my day to working on that, after I have coffee in the morning and do some house work! :)

This evening I am trying a podcast. We'll see if I am successful. That may end up being a task for tomorrow as well. Who knows, guess I'll see what happens.

Til later crew.
Sheri

2 comments:

Glen said...

Good to see you exploring all the tools. I find that some of them, like del.icio.us I had to use for a while and get some links and tags built up before the true power of the tool came out.

As for sharing, when you are in your delicious account click on My Network and then add people to your network using their del.icio.us name (should be the same as their alias) I'm ggatin on del.icio.us.

Did you know that you can create Spreadsheets and presentations in Google Docs as well? When you go into your Google Docs account and click New, and then Presentation. You can use it like a Powerpoint but online with collaboration, sharing etc. You can also open an existing PPT with Google Docs and share it that way as well.

Hank Hill said...

Great job Sherri, I too just did a pod cast, I can't wait to hear. I did a presentation in Google Docs and its is okay, but not as good as PowerPoint.

Hank