Monday, June 9, 2008

Let it Rain

I hope it continues to rain as I try to write my final paper. It keeps me from wanting to be out and about. LOL

I have started my final paper on "Inclusion of Technology in the Classroom". Right now I am busy placing my thoughts on Google Docs. I love the application and knowing that I can share it with others can lead to many useful ideas for collaboration.

What ever will teachers who love when kids write and write and write do when this comes into play? I suppose one can print out their rough drafts, revisions and so forth. It's time to bring those teachers into the technology age and prove to them that writing on the computer first is not a bad thing. Each step within the process of writing can be done on the computer. Ingenious! Yes, I realize it could have been done before as well, but now it just seems to be coming to be an acceptable form of writing. That could open up a debate about "the art of cursive writing and will it be lost if computers are the first choice?" Hmmm

My thoughts are everywhere today....must have been surfing for information too long. Pedagogy of Propinquity. :)

One question....Is my final paper supposed to focus primarily on action research? Right now my thoughts are covering a multitude of things, but I have yet to focus on action research.

K...time to call it a night.
Are we skyping tomorrow?

2 comments:

Glen said...

Sheri,
Your paper doesn't necessarily need to FOCUS on action research but I would like you to think of how you would systematically investigate any changes that you would recommend for introducing ICT into a classroom.
Any arguments you would present to fellow teachers or administration or parents would benefit from a systematic presentation.
At some point in your MEd program you will likely have to do a research type project of some kind so this paper might be an opportunity to get lined up for that.

~~ Sheri ~~ said...

Thanks for that information Glen. I will try my best. A bit challenging, but I am up for it.

:)